Become a Student Arts Foundation Mentor!
As a mentor, you’ll be responsible for empowering youth to make positive life choices that enable them to maximize their potential. The mentoring program uses adult volunteers that commit to supporting, guiding, and befriending aspiring art students and their families. The mentor can help the youth develop and reach positive academic, career, and personal goals.
- Willing and active listener
- Encouraging and supportive
- Patient and flexible
- Tolerant and respectful of individual differences
- Take the lead in supporting a young person through an ongoing, one-to-one relationship
- Be knowledgeable informative on schools and universities of art relating disciplines around the country
- Willing to research different career options to educate students on their chosen career path.
- Be the main point of contact for students looking to use our organizations services.
- Serve as a positive role model within the community and represent the integrity of our organization.
- Build self-esteem and motivation
- Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be interested in working with young people
- Be willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures
- Be willing to complete the application and screening process
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments
- Attend mentor training sessions and meetings as prescribed
- Be willing to communicate regularly with program staff, submit activity reports
and take constructive feedback regarding mentoring activities and relationships
- Be able to pass a criminal background check