The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Marketing team to create communications materials for the Student Arts Foundations and our community outreach initiatives. The position includes traditional print media design work, web and interactive design and some marketing concept generation, development, and support. A key component of this position will be working with the Creative Services team to develop, enhance and maintain the Student Arts Foundations brand identity.
We are seeking a motivated Graphic Designer to provide in-house graphic support to the marketing team to create and deliver compelling design solutions for the web, social media, print collateral, promotional items and audio/visual broadcast. The ideal candidate is energetic, self-motivated, a fast learner, tech-savvy, and a team player with a clean, simple, and engaging visual aesthetics. The qualified candidate will demonstrate creative, technical, and organizational skills that consistently exceed the expectations of our team.
- Good understanding of fundamental design principles for web and print that affect typography, composition, color, use of space and hierarchy of information
- Knowledge of print production process including experience with preparing pre-press files
- Expert skills on Mac platform, Adobe Creative Suite a must
- Proficiency with video software such as Final Cut Pro, Premier Pro, After Effects a plus
- Background/knowledge of front-end web development a plus
- Experience designing for arts organizations or non-profits a plus.
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be interested in working with young people
- Be willing to adhere to all policies and procedures
- Be willing to complete the application and screening process
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments
- Be willing to communicate regularly with program staff, submit activity reports
and take constructive feedback
- Be able to pass a criminal background check